{Product Review} Chef Remi Cheese Grater

The nice folks over at Chef Remi recently contacted me about doing some product reviews. I love kitchen tools so I was quite excited to receive the Chef Remi Cheese Grater. According to the product page:
  • It grates both hard and soft cheese such as Parmesan, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and more.
  • You can also use the grater for vegetables like cucumber, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, onion, potato, and zucchini.
  • Or use the fine blades as a zester for oranges or lemons, as well as coconut, chocolate, nuts, ginger, garlic, and other spices.
Chef Remi cheese grater

I was very excited to give it a try with mozzarella cheese. I grate a lot of mozzarella cheese, especially in the cooler months when I make homemade pizza every Friday. The nonslip surface, and the fact that I can hold the grater flat while grating the cheese were huge selling points for me. I hate my old box grater that would always slip because you had to hold it vertically.

Chef Remi cheese grater

Grating the mozzarella was pretty easy. The surface area of the grater is not quite as large as I'd like - a few pieces of cheese made a break for it off the sides - but I absolutely loved how sturdy it was on my prep table.

Chef Remi cheese grater

So far I've only tried grating mozzarella, which can be a little flaky:

Chef Remi cheese grater

I'd recommend having a small bowl nearby, or grating on top of a clean surface, so you can use any cheese that ends up on top of the grater. 

Chef Remi cheese grater

Most of the cheese did end up in the container base, that comes with a snap-on lid. I grated this cheese yesterday for tonight's dinner. The whole thing is dishwasher safe, too, which I'm sure is great for people with a functioning dishwasher (I'm, sadly, not one of them).

Overall I'm very happy with this grater. And you can't beat the price, which is currently $10! They're also offering 15% off your order right now and they always offer free shipping (woohoo!).

Disclaimer: Chef Remi sent me the cheese grater to try at no cost, but all opinions are my own.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »